I found this true on my mission too. At the very moment we were to either share or testify of Joseph Smith....the phone would ring, or the baby would come screaming in needing something, or the doorbell would ring. Something would happen detracting from the Spirit. It was super frustrating then....and continues to be so now. I continue to learn how to better deal with these challenges and move forward in faith. They help me realize that I am not a dead duck and that I really am making progress toward a Heavenly goal...toward a more Christlike life - else why would the adversary care? They aren't fun...don't get me wrong....but I am trying to understand and accept them more.
So as I am off to BYU Women's Conference I choose to remember:
- The unconditional love of my children. The other day Cody lay on the bed with Scott and me. He was playing with "Mr. Worm," (Scott's hand). I was there but not feeling so good about all the stress that I seem to have in my life right now. Cody leaned over and gave me the hugest hug and kiss. THESE are times to remember.
- Spencer's excitement this morning as I got him to school EARLY. His laugh, his smile.....how can I feel stress when I see THAT?
- Most of all....his elation when he came home from school announcing that he had reached his personal goal of a reading level of 3.0. THAT I won't soon forget.
- Kelsey's impulsive comments of love for me....whether it be while snuggling in the morning or just whenever throughout the day.
- Jordan's great desire to chat with me and his infectious laugh and smile.
- Scott's undying love for me....regardless of how dumb I feel or get.
- The tender mercies of the Lord that continue to dot my path if I will pull my eyes off the ground before me. That close parking spot in the rain. The rainbow. The laughter of my children amidst an emotional battle. The perfect scriptures or Conference talk at just the right time.
- The strength I receive from above.
2 comments:
I've been thinking of you and Amy all week while you are gone. Cindy said the flight seemed to go well. That at least you both survived. That's good. I so hope your talk went well and that you are having a blast with your mom! Miss you!
Hope your trip was wonderful. I hope you are also home. We enjoyed your family and wish it wasn't so short.
Love you
Kar
Post a Comment