My eyes [were] wet,
My heart [was] full.
The Spirit [spoke] today.
For one brief moment heaven's view
[Appeared] before my gaze.
Throughout the scriptures we hear the phrase, "In the not too distant future." They speak of the coming of Christ....though many, many, many years away it is still referred to as coming quickly. That is the phrase that most closely resembled my thoughts today as I sat through a wonderful session in St. Louis.
I LOVE being in a session when someone is receiving their OWN endowments. Such was the case today. What made it doubly as wonderful was that the young man getting his endowments was also going on a mission soon. My heart was full from the get go! Tears were close to the surface as I remembered getting my own endowments with a mission call already received. I also reflected on the last time I went through a session when another was going through for the first time. I can't keep my eyes off them. I can't keep my thoughts focused on much else. They radiate the Spirit. I am encompassed with that feeling.
Today I thought about the "not too distant future" when that young man will be JORDAN...or SPENCER...or KELSEY...or CODY! It won't be long. If the next 11 years of parenthood go as fast as this first 11, it will likely be tomorrow....or maybe tonight.
I thought about THAT being one of the reasons I keep myself worthy, one of the reasons I GO to the temple. Lately Jordan has been talking a lot about his mission --- where he wants to go, etc. The missionaries come over weekly so that helps the conversation to be ongoing. It is exciting for me to sit back and listen as he talks about "MY" (his) mission.
No, it won't be long. It definitely falls into the "not too distant future" realm. To be the mother in that session.....THAT will be a dream come true. Sitting in a sealing room when each of my children get married will be another dream. Temples bind families together. It is no wonder my feelings about them are so close to the surface within its walls.
My heart [was] full.
The Spirit [spoke] today.
For one brief moment heaven's view
[Appeared] before my gaze.
Throughout the scriptures we hear the phrase, "In the not too distant future." They speak of the coming of Christ....though many, many, many years away it is still referred to as coming quickly. That is the phrase that most closely resembled my thoughts today as I sat through a wonderful session in St. Louis.
I LOVE being in a session when someone is receiving their OWN endowments. Such was the case today. What made it doubly as wonderful was that the young man getting his endowments was also going on a mission soon. My heart was full from the get go! Tears were close to the surface as I remembered getting my own endowments with a mission call already received. I also reflected on the last time I went through a session when another was going through for the first time. I can't keep my eyes off them. I can't keep my thoughts focused on much else. They radiate the Spirit. I am encompassed with that feeling.
Today I thought about the "not too distant future" when that young man will be JORDAN...or SPENCER...or KELSEY...or CODY! It won't be long. If the next 11 years of parenthood go as fast as this first 11, it will likely be tomorrow....or maybe tonight.
I thought about THAT being one of the reasons I keep myself worthy, one of the reasons I GO to the temple. Lately Jordan has been talking a lot about his mission --- where he wants to go, etc. The missionaries come over weekly so that helps the conversation to be ongoing. It is exciting for me to sit back and listen as he talks about "MY" (his) mission.
No, it won't be long. It definitely falls into the "not too distant future" realm. To be the mother in that session.....THAT will be a dream come true. Sitting in a sealing room when each of my children get married will be another dream. Temples bind families together. It is no wonder my feelings about them are so close to the surface within its walls.
1 comment:
Denise! You continue to make my feelings come close to the surface too! I have had that 'distant future' already appear in my life! And the feeling is overwhelming when you sit in the Temple with each child as they make those sacred Temple covenants. But the best feeling of all is when you sit in the Temple with ALL of your children and their spouses when the younger ones get married, and all of your children can be there with you. I remember walking into the sealing room when Stacey, my youngest daughter, got married in the San Diego Temple, and seeing ALL of my family (children and spouses) sitting there as well as my husband. Actually, Dan was not in the room - as he had not yet gone on his mission - but he was THERE at the Temple waiting for us. What a great feeling. It was the last time that we were all together before Catheryn and Steve left this earth life to continue their lives on the other side of the veil. Sweet remembrances, sweet feelings. Thank you for reminding me.
Post a Comment