In the last few months birds have been making it into my house a lot more often. Mostly just one bird, but sometimes two. I think it is the same pretty little bird each time. The poor thing looks terrified and frightened beyond belief. I can imagine. But if only it would follow my lead, it would make it safely outside each time.
This new occurrence has made me crack down even harder on keeping the doors shut. I came home to a bird in the house. Now how in the world did THAT happen? The garage door was shut. All the doors were shut. The windows too.
As time goes on I have noticed a bird flying OUT of my garage when I open it in the mornings, or periodically throughout the day. I started watching this little bird....which I think is the same one to enter my house. It made a nest in an old garbage can we had on a top shelf in the garage. Now when I open the garage it flies in immediately with food for its baby birds. Poor little things. I open the door to go out or come in and I hear those baby birds crying. I have no idea how to help. If I take them outside, where would I put them with no cover from the trees to protect them? But if I leave them IN my garage how can the mama bird get to her babies? My heart is tugged on this one. I feel for that mama bird huge like. How would I feel if I couldn't get to my children? To feed them, take care of them, let them know I am here? Yet I can't put the babies in danger either.
So....birds and motherhood. Never thought I'd put them in the same thought, but....my heartstrings are being tugged as to how to handle this little dilemma. After the rain, I think I will just leave the garage door open all day for awhile so the mama can have free reign of when to be with them...feed them, etc.
1 comment:
That really is a dilemma, isn't it? But I thought you were going to add a scriptural tone to your story - and you didn't! I was surprise, because I could just hear you saying how easy it would be for that pretty bird to fly to safety and not be scared if they would just follow your lead, you would lead them to safety. How I wonder if Christ says to us, "Please just follow me and I will lead you to safety" and yet, we don't do it! What a thought! Thanks for sharing your bird and motherhood story today! I love it! and you!
Post a Comment