Friday, May 29, 2009

It DON'T Get Much Better Than This

The thoughts of mine today:

I was driving Kelsey to the store to get her a glove for softball this year...her own glove. As I drove I was trying to think where MY glove was. Sadly, I didn't have a clue. I think this is THE FIRST summer I didn't know where it was EXACTLY. That thought made me almost cry...then I got a bit determined to find it. A friend had called Tues asking me to play again this summer. Of course I will!!!! Now I just have to find the time on Tuesday nights AND find my glove.

We got back and Kelsey was eager to play catch. I was starting a fire in the fire pit so Jordan played barehanded with her. With the fire started I determined again to find that silly glove that used to be a natural extension of my hand. How could I misplace something so special to me? Emptying my house NEVER seemed more imperative. Then a stroke of remembrance that last fall Scott cleaned everything out of the garage and added MY precious softball gear to a tote full of random sports equipment. I never felt more degraded! But ... I suppose I don't play NEAR as much as I used to so it must be ok. I found my cleats in one and my glove in another. Does he not know they all go together???? Oh well....it will pass.

But....the title of this post???? A campfire AND my kids all playing catch in the backyard! It truly DON'T get much better than that! Even Spencer wants to play now. I will call on Monday and see if we can get him on a team. Sign ups were a long time ago...when he didn't care to play at all. Now he is decked out in his baseball pants, a hat, and glove. Cody has his hat and glove...and so does Jordan. I may as well be in heaven. But thankfully I have let them explore their own interests. But give me some slack...I can dream of my little baseball team!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well that goes to show you, you have to put your stuff away or it could get put away or trashed by the man of the house.... Thank goodness you could find both them.....
Kar:>)

Patty O. said...

This is why Chicago has the right idea for softball: we play with 16-inch balls and so we don't need gloves. The ball is much easier to hit, but of course, we also get plenty of jammed and sprained fingers. I just found my softball last week and was flooded for a longing for a game. Perhaps we could get a RS game going this summer? We can use my 16-inch ball, so no gloves would be needed....