Tonight we went out to dinner as a family....what a joy! Cody sat next to me and cracked me up the entire time. He and Kelsey broke out of the Mexican mode and got chicken fingers and fries. Ketchup galore and smiles to go with it. Jordan reveled in the beans, Scott in his Shrimp Chimichanga, and Spencer in Mexican rice. "Mom, if I had NOTHING but Mexican rice I could live forever!" Funny kid. Then it was off to the ice cream place....yipppeee for everyone. Our family LOVES ice cream. Even Spencer (who is not our most ice cream loving type guy) ate with us and had fun. All Cody wanted was eyes on his ice cream so he was ecstatic to see eyes AND a nose....nice girls! His gets ALL over. He is learning to eat it quick enough to not melt everywhere, but gets all messy as he tries. He hates to be messy so it is quite an interesting juggle. Then there is my Pretty Princess Kelsey. "Kelsey, do you know how beautiful you are?" "As pretty as all the world," she said....then added, "And so are you!!!" with a big hug and kiss. Boy, she is JUST what the doctor ordered for me! Hopefully she'll still think so when I am even older - hehehehe
A great night with the family. Great weather outside so the kids played some basketball upon returning home. Scott is taking the boys (Jordan and Spencer) camping with the Stake this weekend so they are getting things ready. Fun and exciting times for them. I wish them the best!
1 comment:
I'm right there with Spencer on the Spanish rice thing. I love it! Sounds like you had a great dinner with the family. Awesome.
Happy birthday!
And, I'm really glad you're home....
Post a Comment