Thursday, May 7, 2009

Friends at Women's Conference

Sis Lant is one of my High School friend's mom. She is fabulous. It was nice to talk to her and hear her say, "My kids say that I am just their mom." Humility reigns.


Amy Packer flew out with me...her first flight ever. She was a trooper, and even sat next to the window on the way home. It was her face I saw first when I walked into the chapel to speak. I was grateful to have her love and support RIGHT there.

Of course, present also were my mom, 2 aunts, father and other mom, Heidi (roommate from college), LynnEl Springer and her daughters (Amy and Stacy), Tina Tillman and a friend from the Danville Ward, LuWana Hunt (companion from my mission), Aubrey Dokos' mom and two aunts (one of which is Brittney Richards mother in law), and a new friend, Pam. I was surrounded by love and felt EVERY bit of it.


You'd think meeting someone as cool as Sister Julie Beck would be different. But she is FULL of love for each sister in the world....even me. As I met her and got this picture I felt a humble servants love. She is a real person just like the rest of us....had adversity, trials, and the like. But she is full of power and love. It was quite an honor to meet her in person too.


This is my cousin, Amy, with her daughter, Savannah. She spoke at Women's Conference. What fun it was to attend her presentation with my mom and aunts. Savannah sang - it was precious! She did a great job for a 10 year old in front of so many women!

Boy....I wish I would have gotten a picture of ALL the friends I saw or just met. Each one touched me in a special way.

I'll be out there again for sure!

No comments: