A little less deep than my last post...sorry!
I have always been a get up and go type gal! My alarm rings....I get up. I wake up...I get up. But lately I have noticed I like lingering in bed more and more. Maybe it is age, maybe it is children. I don't know. But I think it all started with Jordan 11 1/2 years ago. I would snuggle with him every morning (all the time, for that matter). His nickname was Snuggle Bunny Sweet Pea Pal! He was MY Snuggle Bunny Sweet Pea Pal. In fact, when I called one of his little friends (at age 2) Sweet Pea he let me know that was HIS name.
And so...each child has come into my bed in the mornings (when time permits) and snuggled with me. Scott was more of a sleep in type guy so wasn't too keen on this practice of mine. But since I have been teaching seminary for the last 2 years he's gotten quite fond of it. He still gets to linger in bed...but with the added bonus of little bodies hugging his.
This morning Cody was there. I realized once again how very much I LOVE hugging little bodies and how very much I LOVE having their little arms around me. I LOVE watching them as they peacefully sleep (or just relax). I realize that this practice may not last forever....so I cherish each moment.
As I whispered into Cody's ear all the things I love about him his smile couldn't be contained. I LOVE that....his little smile, his kisses, his wrap me in his love hugs. His eyes are quite revealing....I'm so grateful to be his mom.
Of course, this was just the latest SNUGGLE event. Thankfully I have MANY!
No comments:
Post a Comment