It is nice to hear the accolades from each teacher. It is nicer yet to see the relationship my children and their teachers have. Jordan is getting to that no hugging-just grin age where he's grateful for the words of praise but won't let anyone know.
Kelsey is out and out a hugger...through and through. Her teacher is too. They made a good match this year. Kelsey's grin at being told how wonderful of a student she is makes me smile. It is pure and comes from deep in her heart KNOWING her teacher LOVES her. THAT is a good feeling....to KNOW that someone loves you.
Then there is Spencer. We had to go see Mrs. Fatheree TWICE. The first time we forgot our camera AND the story he had written that he wanted her to read. The first time he showed her is contraption...which was cool. We had to go back so we could take a picture of it. He also signed a story he had written and gave it to her. She made him feel like a million bucks EVERY time she saw him. As we left he finally threw himself in her arms and was in near tears! He wants to go to school throughout the summer JUST to be in her class. I don't blame him. I'd like her to teach 3rd grade next year, 4th the next, etc.
And now we are OFFICIALLY on Summer Vacation! I will NOT judge how it will go by yesterday's performance. I will give them a small break then the summer routine HAS to start. Blogs I have read from friends lament at this time....where a mother's work begins. I don't blame ANY of them. It IS hard to have them gone all day and then home all day. Keeping them with something to do, having them help out with chores, carting them here and there, and the many outings can be daunting. But so is ALL of motherhood, if you ask me. I just plug along doing the best I can. I love them unconditionally and hopefully teach them something along the way. But how do you do summers? Each summer of mine is different...maybe I'll settle into something before August this year (just in time for them to go back to school). If you have any wonderful suggestions, I wouldn't be opposed to learning from all of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment